Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

+2
MurielB
gerardM
6 participants

Page 3 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Will Machines Ever Think Like Humans?

Message  gerardM Ven 7 Nov - 23:10

Howdy.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Temp23
(click pic to read article)

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  MurielB Sam 8 Nov - 21:59

Gérard I think that machines will be better than human beings in various fields : perfect memory, fast computation for instance. Nevertheless they will never be human. A tree for instance will never be an animal. it's different !

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  gerardM Sam 8 Nov - 23:02

> Nevertheless they will never be human
Muriel, Neither Alan nor I said "be human" but "think like humans", didn't we?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Nov - 22:24

Gérard how can a machine think like a human being ? Thought and emotion are mixed aren't they ? I wonder if machines will ever feel, have emotional intelligence, empathy ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 9 Nov - 23:15

Muriel,
I don't know about the details of the machine algorithms but the criterium for Turing was that if a human couldn't detect they had a machine in front of them, then we could say the machine is thinking like humans.
Nowadays' robots can address emotions.

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Meet Amazon's busiest employee -- the Kiva robot -

Message  gerardM Lun 1 Déc - 15:20

Hi there.

CNET

This summer, squat orange robots, called Kiva, began zooming around the Amazon shelves 

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Safe_image.php?d=AQBF4pfeHFVPzJNQ&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcnet4.cbsistatic.com%2Fhub%2Fi%2Fr%2F2014%2F12%2F01%2Fb1baf339-67d6-4004-bc66-7dd34c11a870%2Fresize%2F770x578%2F3d17e8de0dbd6d26cbf13e53a6c0b655%2Famazon-kiva-robots-donna-7611

Meet Amazon's busiest employee -- the Kiva robot - CNET
As consumers buy more from the Internet's largest retailer, it keeps up by outfitting warehouses with robots that work at a speeds humans can't.
CNET.CO

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 1 Déc - 21:13

Hi Gérard ! hi everyone
"We don't socialize as much, but it's more efficient,"

The problem is that people don't interact as much with one another but the work is easier. Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Doctors, nurses...and robots

Message  gerardM Ven 16 Jan - 22:49

Howdy.

CNET

This medical centre has the largest fleet of automated robots in the US.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Safe_image.php?d=AQDB0Mm0gNucDGdr&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcnet4.cbsistatic.com%2Fhub%2Fi%2F2015%2F01%2F16%2F28a851ab-94eb-4e44-ab32-999b18df13b8%2Fucsf-robots-still-3

Doctors, nurses...and robots - CNET
A new state-of-the-art medical center is just weeks away from opening its doors in San Francisco. At this high tech-hospital, working alongside the doctors and nurses is the largest fleet of automated robots in the country.
CNET.CO

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 17 Jan - 21:52

Gérard, everyone !
As the world population is growing older, robots have become very useful in hospitals because the hospital staff can't do everything. I watched that very interesting video and have noticed that around 25 robots roll through this hospital and perform tasks formerly completed by humans : delivering meals and medicine, carrying heavy
loads and travelling long distances. Rapidly getting tissue samples or blood samples from a point A to a point B is very useful because they never stop for a coffee or a chat. Wink
Anyway  they are designed to assist humans rather than replace them. Caring, decision-making, supporting are impossible for them. Only the future will tell if one day they will equal the humans
What is a human being ? Is there an aspect which gets away from us ? Soul ? spirit ? Is it possible to get a certain relationship with a robot ? Can we love a robot ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty WHY YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

Message  gerardM Mar 20 Jan - 12:18

Howdy.

Discovery News

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T FEAR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk have warned us of the dangers of Artificial Intelligence, but is AI really going to be the downfall of humanity?

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 10929143_10152857580128387_6479674154302957501_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 20 Jan - 12:20

Video

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 20 Jan - 21:27

Thanks Gérard for that very comforting video. I don't distrust artificial intelligence whatsoever. The benefits for humanity will be huge and will make the world safer, I am sure !
Artificial intelligence does not have consciousness, it's just programmable ! It's not scary !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 30 Jan - 11:02

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

After Gates' comments, Stanford Uni asks for an Ethical Committee regarding Artificial Intelligence.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 30 Jan - 18:34

Hi Gérard, everyone
As don't know much about robots  I Wonder how they could be dangerous.  I  have read that among all forms of technology that could wipe out the human species  artificial intelligence is number one risk for this century. Do programmers have to be careful then ?

an Ethical Committee regarding Artificial Intelligence.
The Ethical committee is for the programmer, not for the Artificial intelligence.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 31 Jan - 0:16

Muriel,
> The Ethical committee is for the programmer, not for the Artificial intelligence.
Everything that is possible for a computer/robot/machine has to be written by a programmer (and designed by a designer)..

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 31 Jan - 10:40

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2488356/emerging-technology/ai-researcher-says-amoral-robots-pose-a-danger-to-humanity.html

With robots becoming increasingly powerful, intelligent and autonomous, a scientist at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute says it's time to start making sure they know the difference between good and evil.
Featured Resource
               "I'm worried about both whether it's people making machines do evil things or the machines doing evil things on their own," said Selmer Bringsjord, professor of cognitive science, computer science and logic and philosophy at RPI in Troy, N.Y. "The more powerful the robot is, the higher the stakes are. If robots in the future have autonomy..., that's a recipe for disaster.

Gérard i understand perfectly. Anyway when I read articles on the subject I feel that man creates another species : The robots.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 7 Fév - 16:56

Hi Muriel, everyone,

Mon ami Michel Cl a écrit sur le sujet sur Facebook :
L'Intelligence Artificielle, dernière action de l'humanité ?
On a beaucoup parlé, récemment, de personnes connues (Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, etc.) mettant en garde contre le développement d'une intelligente artificielle qui pourrait s'auto-développer, et remplacer l'humanité.
Je connais bien les propos de tous ces néo-azimoviens.
Ma différent se situe au niveau des termes "remplacer l'humanité". Une IA ayant atteint la singularité (ayant divergé) n'aura aucune raison de se préoccuper de l'espèce humaine. Elle l'ignorera, tout simplement.
Il n'y a aucun motif logique pour que l'IA perde du temps et gaspille des ressources à traiter l'humanité.
Le plus gros problème, AMHA, est le risque de névrose collective d'une humanité s'étant auto-démontré sa propre limite évolutive.
Une autre hypothèse, c'est que l'IA, une fois atteinte l'asymptote de son évolution ontologique, soit confrontée à une absence de but à cause de son immortalité, et ne s'accomplisse plus que dans un suicide.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 7 Fév - 21:24

Gérard il y a des mots trop difficiles pour les néophytes comme moi
=>néo-azimoviens,AMHA,une fois atteinte l'asymptote de son évolution ontologique,
En bref je n'ai pas compris. Pourtant le sujet est fort intéressant.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Robot vacuum cleaner snacks on woman's hair

Message  gerardM Mar 10 Fév - 10:21

Howdy.

CNET

We really do let our robot creations loose at our own peril.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Safe_image.php?d=AQCrkSqpicL1Mpba&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcnet1.cbsistatic.com%2Fhub%2Fi%2Fr%2F2015%2F02%2F09%2F7405d609-fcd0-4e6f-a0a8-dd6f33cfd7cd%2Fthumbnail%2F670x503%2F7baebe3ee89d27cf3d783fadcb2600e0%2Fcleanhair

Robot vacuum cleaner snacks on woman's hair - CNET
Technically Incorrect: Don't sleep on your apartment floor. Your robot vacuum cleaner might mistake you for dirt, as one Korean woman found.
CNET.CO

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Is AI Dangerous? That Depends…

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Fév - 19:56

Howdy.

Scientific American magazine

From the blogs: Scientists debate whether AI is dangerous and what ethical questions the creation of AI may pose.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Safe_image.php?d=AQBVZHTpic1rMawd&w=444&h=232&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.scientificamerican.com%2Flife-unbounded%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F02%2Fearth-ai-web.001

Is AI Dangerous? That Depends… | Life, Unbounded, Scientific American Blog Network
Somewhere in the long list of topics that are relevant to astrobiology is the question of 'intelligence'. Is human-like, technological intelligence likely to...
BLOGS.SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Empty Giant robotic teddy bear: Japan's nurse of the future

Message  gerardM Ven 27 Fév - 14:41

Howdy.

CNET

Meet ROBEAR, the robot bear nurse

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 3 Safe_image.php?d=AQBOVJz1YCZ9Btct&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcnet3.cbsistatic.com%2Fhub%2Fi%2Fr%2F2015%2F02%2F26%2F620d2888-30bb-4292-b9a5-06d6af4ea852%2Fthumbnail%2F670x503%2Fbd0cd1cc01a6f455108da043ddc0b304%2Frobear1

Giant robotic teddy bear: Japan's nurse of the future - CNET
The gentle giant has been designed specifically to assist in caring for Japan's ageing population, taking on heavy-duty tasks such as lifting.
CNET.CO

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 27 Fév - 22:05

Yes Gérard we agree to have a teddy - bear-faced robot for our old age, that's a good idea !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Sam 28 Fév - 7:07

Marvellous ! He's Edouard Bear's son, isn't he ?

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Sam 28 Fév - 18:21

@ Muriel,
affraid

@ Remy,
Wouldn't you prefer a true nurse??

gerardM

Message  Remy Sam 28 Fév - 19:25

Muriel, Gérard,

Indeed, I'd prefer a true nurse !

It's hard to fantasize about a robot...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Page 3 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant