Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

+2
MurielB
gerardM
6 participants

Page 2 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty Drones are very useful in Africa.

Message  MurielB Ven 16 Aoû - 17:32

In its fight against the relentless slaughter of Kruger’s rhinos, the South African government is trying new, increasingly militaristic tactics, including the use of surveillance drones and army-style command of anti-poaching efforts. Will this be the year the poaching finally stops?
Hi Gérard!
Drones  are also very useful for the anti-poaching operation in Africa. This operation is confidential and secret. Rhinos are slayed for their horns which is very sad because rhinos are endangered species species.http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/africa/south-africa/130110/rhino-poaching-rhinoceros-horns-vietnam

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  gerardM Mer 25 Sep - 17:52

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 49f768f9-87e5-46e7-883b-ee05375088ef
(click pic to access article)
Des drones dans les quartiers nord de Marseille pour lutter contre le crime ? C'est la surprenante idée d'un certains nombre d'élus PS de la ville, nous apprend Le Monde. "Modes de surveillance alternatifs" pour les "topographies particulières que sont les cités de Marseille", ils émergent comme la nouvelle solution sécuritaire dans les Bouches-du-Rhône, avec un président du Conseil Général prêt à "mettre" un million d'euros dans cette technologie

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty Bots now running the Internet with 61 percent of Web traffic

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Déc - 21:57

Hi everyone,

Will bots invade our world?? Is it a threat?

-> Bots now running the Internet with 61 percent of Web traffic
Both good bots and bad bots can be found lurking online -- looking to either drive traffic or wreak havoc.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Temp269

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  MurielB Dim 15 Déc - 22:03

Hi Gérard, everyone !
Robots are everywhere but I didn't know what a bot was. For those who, like me, didn't know, here is the definition :
wikipedia a écrit:An Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone

!

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Déc - 22:21

Muriel,

MurielB a écrit:... I didn't know what a bot was...
LOL
A few months ago, I posted about "bots" and you said you learned what it was Wink

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 15 Déc - 22:53

Sorry Gérard It went in one ear and out the other. I am not fan of advanced technology as you are. I do my best but I need time. This time I am sure I will rembember what a bot is  Wink

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Déc - 23:05

Wink
Muriel, you may not be interested in technology but remember bots arrive and will take more and more place in your life including nanotechnology in medecine.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 15 Déc - 23:18

Hi Gérard, will robots take over the world ? Are you frightened of that ? They might be very helpful ? As we grow older they will do plenty of things for us.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Déc - 10:13

Muriel,

I'd be more scared of other humans who presently tend to take the biggest share of money and the power.
Shall we find a separation between humans and bots given the fact that there will be all kinds of cyborgs inbetween?

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Déc - 17:20

Muriel,

By the way, most of these bots are simply run by firms owning search engines.
You can see a few of these bots at the bottom of the index page of this forum.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Temp295
"Enregistré" & "Invisible" could be bots as well but unlikely (it would be worrisome).

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 16 Déc - 18:54

Thank you Gérard, I have learnt something and I won't forget, promise .

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Lun 16 Déc - 19:03

gerardM a écrit:Muriel,

I'd be more scared of other humans who presently tend to take the biggest share of money and the power.
Shall we find a separation between humans and bots given the fact that there will be all kinds of cyborgs inbetween?
Gérard
I agree that those who want to take the bigger share of money and the power are scary. Sex, power and money have always governed the world and we have to be careful about that. Anyway, there is nowadays a growing awareness of ecology.(not perfect of course) a common desire to communicate (to be improved) . Bots are just machines and cyborgs are human beings  (Human beings fitted with a heart pacemaker or an insulin pumps are cyborgs aren't they ?)All that improves humanity. Am I wrong ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Déc - 22:07

Hi Muriel,

In history, we had kind of waves regarding taxes-poverty going (roughly) from fair equality (happy lives) to "Fermiers généraux" who were taking all the money of people.
Nowadays, there are a few people who take the main part of wealth (in firms, in sports, in the show arena, in parliament), people who are far too rich compared to the rest of the population ; at the same time taxes are very high.
Shall we have to make another revolution? Are we in 1788? Wink

Regarding cyborgs, I wouldn't give this name to persons with a device which repairs their body to retrieve their health but only to persons adding devices to improve their status and acquire new functions.
So, I was not speaking about persons with health problems.
I was referring to new kinds of organisms... nowadays there are athlets taking drugs to improve their bodies; in the future, we'll find people adding electronics to better organize their bodies and improve their power.

By the way, I read -a few days ago- that scientists are thinking of spermatozoa improved by electronics  affraid affraid to increase efficiency!! Didn't you hear anything of that kind?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 16 Déc - 22:38

gérard a écrit:spermatozoa improved by electronics

Hi Gérard
I don't know about that . Anyway when a couple can't have children science is very useful and great cheers

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Lun 16 Déc - 22:44

Hi Gérard
gérard a écrit:Are we in 1788?
Yes, as taxes are concerned, there are similarities...

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Lun 16 Déc - 22:51

Gérard a écrit:cyborgs=>persons adding devices to improve their status and acquire new functions

It would be wiser to bring people together

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Déc - 22:55

Muriel,

You'll never get a few people to desire to lead their domain, or the world.

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty drones plumb new depths vocable 576 The New York times by William Hernewitz

Message  MurielB Jeu 26 Déc - 18:45

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/science/earth/ocean-drones-plumb-new-depths.html?_r=0

These drones are the centerpiece of “Gliderpalooza,” a collaborative ocean-survey experiment coordinated by 16 American and Canadian government agencies and research teams. By pooling their resources, including satellites, radar stations, research buoys and the gliders, the teams hope to capture the most complete picture yet of the Atlantic’s many mysterious underwater movements — from deepwater currents to migrating fish.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Philippe-Henri Jeu 26 Déc - 19:43

MurielB a écrit:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/science/earth/ocean-drones-plumb-new-depths.html?_r=0

I’ve always been interested in oceanography and fascinated by late Jacques Cousteau’s undersea explorations. Now, while watching videos of scientists launching their yellow «gliders» off the New Jersey coast, I can’t help thinking how those underwater drones may possibly be diverted from their scientific purpose by the military and fitted out with warheads to replace expensive submarines firing torpedoes at enemy ships.

As early as today, airborne drones give rise to controversy for similar reasons.

Philippe-Henri

Philippe-Henri

Lieu : Lille
Langues : Néerlandais (Langue maternelle), Fr, Gb

Message  MurielB Jeu 26 Déc - 21:52

Hi Henri
Anyway it is much better to use drones to explore the océans, help forecast storms and save lives than fire torpedoes at enemy ships.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty How Robots Are Making Us Happier

Message  gerardM Dim 13 Avr - 18:46

Hi everyone,

US national robotics week

-> Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 1533731_10152184817213387_8239170048106421254_n
How Robots Are Making Us Happier
Publiée le 9 avr. 2014  
Happy national robotics week everyone! This week we celebrate US robotics technology, and educate the importance of robots in society, both now and in our future. We got a chance to visit the Georgia Institute of Technology robotics labs, and sit down with Dr. Henrik Christensen -- one of the leading thinkers in robotics, and one of the authors of the Roadmap for U.S. Robotics -- to talk about the future of robots in manufacturing, medicine, space exploration, and more!

Have you ever worked with a robot or built your own? If so, let us know all the details in the comments below! And if you haven't, what kind of robot WOULD you build if you were given the chance?

Learn More About National Robotics Week (April 5-13, 2014): http://www.nationalroboticsweek.org/
(click pic or link to start 4:31mn video)

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty Flying Robot Rockstars

Message  gerardM Mer 30 Avr - 18:54

Howdy,

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Temp2200
(click pic to start 8:58mn video)

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty Drones and privacy concerns

Message  MurielB Jeu 12 Juin - 13:34

Citing privacy concerns, legislators throughout the country are increasingly passing laws to restrict the use of domestic drones over private land.
http://investigatemidwest.org/2014/03/21/states-restrict-drone-use-because-of-privacy-concerns/
Hi Gérard, Hi Philippe Henri
As I was reading "Science et vie" in French, I came across an article about drones and privacy. It is interesting because drones  are like invisible viewers and it is important to enjoy the benefits of drones and technology without becoming a surveillance society.
Perhaps privacy is just an illusion. What do you think ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 12 Juin - 23:13

Muriel,

I guess your heard about Google car* (without a driver) that film everything from the streets: there were some surprises.

(*) I think we don't use the "'s" (possessive case), I don't know why.

I believe that new technologies will lead to a decreasing of privacy as a huge sector of business is based on individual data (Twitter, Google, Facebook et al).

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 Empty computor chips and dip Vocable 690 Newsweek by Kevin Maney

Message  MurielB Mar 1 Juil - 21:44

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/05/23/computer-chips-and-dip-251012.html

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 2 051614nw0220fooddataweb

We’re going to know things we never knew we could know. Give it a couple of years and someone opening a restaurant will be able to tap data to determine the ideal menu to attract the right demographic in that neighborhood. And if the likely customers happen to be people who love both Zürcher Geschnetzeltes and Pad See Ew, a cross-analysis of data about human taste and food chemistry could suggest a house specialty no one ever thought of before, like Swiss Thai fusion asparagus quiche—a dish that an IBM computer recently created.

big data could help us to have  deep insights into cooking and eating.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 2 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant