Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

+2
MurielB
gerardM
6 participants

Page 9 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  gerardM Jeu 8 Juin - 15:58

Seeker

Scientists have developed a machine that can read your emotions - even when your facial expression remains constant. How does it work?

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Safe_image.php?d=AQAPVx21pg86urcl&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fseekernetwork-img.rbl.ms%2Fsimage%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fassets.rbl.ms%252F9514972%252F980x.jpg%2F2000%252C2000%2FraOdFjU3yeoZwcSS%2Fimg

Robots Can Now Sense Your Emotions Via Radio Waves
Scientists have developed a machine that can read your emotions - even when your facial expression remains constant. How does it work?
SEEKER.COM

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty Vegas welcomes bar staffed by robots

Message  gerardM Jeu 29 Juin - 22:45

Howdy.

CNET

But will it advise you on whether to leave your lover?

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Safe_image.php?d=AQCebKPeRn9NpqUw&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcnet2.cbsistatic.com%2Fimg%2Fuz8y_qDZu_jkMHoE-K0Ljddd4oI%3D%2F670x503%2F2017%2F06%2F29%2F8d66f5d3-f4d0-4e81-9bb6-75404038b724%2Ftipsyrobt

Vegas welcomes bar staffed by robots
Commentary: The Tipsy Robot bar sounds like an awful lot of fun. It has robot bartenders, but you're still supposed to tip them.
WWW.CNET.COM

> you're still supposed to tip them.
LOL

gerardM

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  MurielB Ven 30 Juin - 22:21

you're still supposed to tip them.
Very strange ! Do robots expect to be tipped ? ( Is "to be tipped" right ? :scratch:I am not sure )

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty New McDonald's In Phoenix, Arizona Run Entirely By Robots

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Aoû - 21:58

Howdy.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Safe_image.php?d=AQDp5iKQPPY1CKmc&w=476&h=249&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsexaminer.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F05%2Fmcdonalds-store

New McDonald's In Phoenix, Arizona Run Entirely By Robots
Phoenix, AZ — After seeing a decline in earnings for the first time in nine years, McDonald's plans to do something no other restaurant of its kind has ever done…
NEWSEXAMINER.NET

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 8 Aoû - 22:09

The restaurant will still employ a small team of human employees
Fortunately Mac Donald will still employ human beings, this is great news ! I agree that robots can more easily make burgers all day but it is nice for the visitors to talk to true human beings isn't it ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Aoû - 22:24

> Fortunately Mac Donald
MCDONALD'S
Muriel, in American (British English as well), there's an "'s" at the end of the name of a shopkeeper (or the owner): Macy's, Harrod's, McDonald's, grocer's, butcher's, butcher's shop, etc not when it's the shop itself: backery, butchery, etc.
After years the "'s" is integrated with the name such for Harrods.
The French write "Mac" but they write Mc.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 8 Aoû - 22:34

Tx Gérard for reminding me. My grand children keep saying "Et si on allait au Mac Do" and I was confused.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty Jobs and Robots: Bracing for Technological Disruptions to Come

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Nov - 10:35

Howdy.

Scientific American

What can be done to ensure that robots don’t "steal jobs"?

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Safe_image.php?d=AQDDYhMQ7-fcyv4H&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Fsciam%2Fcache%2Ffile%2F8D454297-30F5-489D-A6ACECBA28CCB93C_agenda

Jobs and Robots: Bracing for Technological Disruptions to Come
Jobs are not created or lost because of a single technology, but because of the business models designed to leverage the power of the technology
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 14 Nov - 22:13

The good point is that workplace injuries will fall  as automation eliminates some of the most dangerous physical tasks in the economy !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty Charles a mind-reading robot

Message  MurielB Mar 27 Mar - 22:16

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meet-charles-mind-reading-robot-12249320

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 27 Mar - 22:19

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meet-charles-mind-reading-robot-12249320
Happy, sad, confused or bored - researchers at Cambridge University have built Charles to mimic all human expressions as part of a ground-breaking project

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 27 Mar - 22:32

Hi everyone
It is not perfect of course but it is amazing isn't ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mer 28 Mar - 23:03

Feeling it

So are empathic robots coming? New advances in computer technology are likely to continue to surprise us. However, true empathy assumes a significant overlap in experience between the subject of the empathy and the empathiser.

To put the shoe on the other foot, there is evidence that humans smile more when faced with a smiling avatar and feel distress when robots are mis-treated, but are these reponses empathic? Do they indicate humans understand and share the robot’s internal world?

The world of AI is changing rapidly, and robots like Pepper are both intriguing and potentially endearing. It is difficult to predict where advances like Pepper will lead us in the near future.

It may be, for example, that “near enough is good enough” when it comes to everyday empathy between human and machine. On the other hand, we are still a long way from fully understanding the complexities of how human empathy operates, so are still far from being able to simulate it in the machines we live with.

we just have to wait
http://theconversation.com/read-my-lips-truly-empathic-robots-will-be-a-long-time-coming-47266

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 28 Mar - 23:40

MurielB a écrit:

Feeling it

...New advances in computer technology are likely to continue to surprise us...

we just have to wait
http://theconversation.com/read-my-lips-truly-empathic-robots-will-be-a-long-time-coming-47266
I'm not surprised at all; moreover, humans will change their behavior to adapt themselves to robots.
Let me remind you Stephen Hawking declared he was worried about coming bots.

2 questions:
- will a majority of humans become slaves at the benefits of the other part of humans?
- will humans become slaves at the benefits of robots?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 29 Mar - 12:15

Gerard we have created the rules or laws which are socially, widely accepted to make human life easier (of course imperfectly)It helps prevent some humans becoming slaves of others I can’t answer your second question

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 29 Mar - 17:30

Muriel,
> It helps prevent some humans becoming slaves of others
As far as I know, there's a mistake in your sentence: "... prevent some humans from becoming..."

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 29 Mar - 19:07

Sorry Gerard from had unfortunately disappeared !Sad

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 30 Mar - 10:34

MurielB a écrit:Sorry Gerard from had unfortunately disappeared !Sad
The important point is that the "from" is in your brain Wink .

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 30 Mar - 22:09

Yes Gérard, "from" is in my brain but let's go back to our topic. I have come across a very interesting article I want to share. It is about mirror neurons which make us feel what the others do.  
https://www.dnalc.org/view/852-Mirror-Neurons-and-Empathy.html

Without them would it be possible to have empathy. Do they exist in robots ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty Artificial muscles give soft robots super powers

Message  MurielB Lun 13 Aoû - 21:39

https://cacm.acm.org/news/223143-artificial-muscles-give-soft-robots-superpowers/fulltext

Researchers at Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's (MIT) Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) have developed origami-inspired muscles that strengthen soft robots, enabling them to lift objects that are up to 1,000 times their own weight using air or water pressure.
What is amazing is that researchers found that some origami muscles could squeeze down to a tenth of their original size or enabling soft robots to lift objects that are up to 1,000 times their own weight using air or water pressure.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 9 Empty Are we ready for the emotional computor

Message  MurielB Lun 2 Déc - 22:54

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2019/08/09/are-we-ready-to-get-emotional-with-ai/#72ea42b379dc

Are We Ready To Get Emotional With AI? 

Robots with a heart and soul have been the stuff of science fiction for years, but as artificial intelligence (AI) and software robots become a part of our daily lives, the lines between science fiction and reality are beginning to blur.
Yet, as we interact with virtual assistants or speak to call center chatbots we understand the limitations of today’s AI.
AI can sift through lots of data to tell you George Washington’s date of birth or the status of your last mortgage payment, but when it comes to sensing how you feel, progress is still being made. As AI becomes increasingly smarter, it is beginning to move on from the bare facts to identifying subtle nuances in emotions, speech and expressions.
Also known as "affective computing," it’s really nothing new; it dates back to 1995, when MIT Media lab professor Rosalind Picard published the book “Affective Computing,” which explores the development of systems and devices that recognize, interpret, process and simulate human affects. But why the sudden interest in emotion AI?

As we get more comfortable with AI, we’re seeing all kinds of new possibilities. In fact, Gartner predicts that by 2022, personal devices will know more about an individual's emotional state than his or her own family. Once emotion AI truly takes the hold, the possibilities are endless. Consider the following scenarios:
• In health care, it will be able to spot mental and physical ailments in patients based on how they look or sound.
• In customer service, it can flag customers that are getting annoyed and elevate the conversation to a human

• In marketing, it can determine consumers’ reactions to television commercials to determine their effectiveness.
• In insurance, it can be used to detect when a customer is not telling the truth or submitting a false claim.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Lun 2 Déc - 23:36, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Lun 2 Déc - 23:17

Hi everyone
As we can read in the above text robots can bring a lot of benefits in the field of health, in marketing, to idendify lies or to help the elderly, but even when the humans forget that there is a programmer behind, they can't have the same Relationship as with another human can they?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Guilaine Mer 4 Déc - 16:23

If only these detectors of lies could be reliable and used by justice !
I find it horrible that criminals, with the help of their counsellors and lawyers, can be relaxed for lack of proof.
Guilaine
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

Message  MurielB Jeu 5 Déc - 0:39

I totally agree with you Guilaine but what can we do ? scratch scratch

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Jeu 5 Déc - 11:49

Yes, it would be great to have 100% reliable lie detector robots ! ;-)

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 9 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant