Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Tautologies of April 2021

2 participants

Tautologies of April 2021 Empty Tautologies of April 2021

Message  johnB Dim 11 Avr - 12:36

Hello. It's me again. We have only a few shops in the U.K. that call themselves delicatessens. However, every large supermarket ( and Harrods ) has a " deli" counter where you can buy meats, cheeses, olives, etc. You sometimes have to take a ticket to be served in the correct order. Anyway, here is a "deli" joke.

I went to the deli counter and I bought one sausage, one egg, one rasher of bacon and one tomato.

The girl said " You live on your own don't you ? "

I said : " How can you tell ? "

She said : " You're ugly ! " JohnB.

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Tautologies of April 2021 Empty Re: Tautologies of April 2021

Message  MurielB Dim 11 Avr - 18:20

Tx for the "deli" joke. I've always enjoyed British humour. You don't have to take yourself too seriously. The main ingredients are self-deprecation and a dose of understated sarcasm. I believe that humour helps us to live and accept the difficulties of life. It teaches us to step back and not take ourselves too seriously. Is this true, John? Have you other things to add ?

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas