Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Non verbal language

+3
Admin
MurielB
gerardM
7 participants

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Non verbal language - Page 2 Empty Re: Non verbal language

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Aoû - 16:25

Gérard there are the worst and the best at the same time.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mar 11 Aoû - 21:00, édité 1 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  Paula Dim 16 Aoû - 13:11

gerardM a écrit:I would like to point out that if humans tend to respect other living beings, it looks like they respects other humans less and less...

Hi!
    Even when I don’t know many things about religion...  Gerad, I see your pointwhen you talk about the Catholic religion... But this fact makes me think of, on one hand, other religions like the Buddhism or the Jainism (one of the oldest Indian religions) and on another hand, in human being before religion, these groups of persons knew how to live harmoniously with nature (all the animal or plant kingdom).
 In your previous comment, it’s very interested as well, when you ask ‘how about plants?’ You’re right, in general nowadays people used to concern about animals, which we see eating, moving, with babies, and so on, and maybe we're  more inclined to feel sorry for them... But there are less people worried about vegetables...
   Where I live, we have lots of green areas and mountains and criminal and IGNORANT people are burning our woods without feeling any pity... But the worst it isn’t the terrible fact that we have less trees, flowers, wild species, etc. THE WORST IT’S THAT MOST PEOPLE AROUND (not the criminal ones), AREN’T CONCIOUS ABOUT THE DAMAGE THEY ARE MAKING TO THE EARTH... They don’t know anything about that. They can see the news and really don’t care about forest fires. This is really sad!
   And is it necessary to think of trees, plants and ants have soul?? Of course, they do...  since our origin comes from this enormous and marvellous world.... We are connected with them, and of course NO DOUBTS that we should protect OUR HOUSE, where we get our clothes, our oxygen to breathe, our food, our water....
   I don’t agree with “if humans tend to respect other living beings, it looks like they respect other humans less and less”. On one side, I believe that people who are able to respect other beings, they are more respectful to people. On the other side, when you protect environment, under my point of view, you are protected rest of people directly.
    Fortunately, nowadays we discover wonderful and magic facts about nature, like these ones which Florent or Gerad share with us and luckily, there are some persons that value these amazing world where we have the 'permission' to live harmoniously, the same right like the rest of beings have (plants, bees, ape, lions and an enormous etcetera)!
Paula
Paula

Lieu : Galice(Espagne), Calais
Langues : Espagnol(LM), Anglais, Galicien

Message  gerardM Dim 16 Aoû - 14:44

Hi Paula,

> gerardM a écrit:
> I would like to point out that if humans tend to respect other living beings,
> it looks like they respects other humans less and less...
First of all, there's a spelling in my words: "it looks like they respects respect".

When I was a kid, people around me easily hurt birds, kicked dogs, cats, or other animals... nowadays, people are more aware of "animal rights" and the importance of them as simply other living beings, that's why I was writing: "tend to respect other living beings".
If I'm thinking about what happens in the Middle East, in Africa, I can't help thinking: "they respect other humans less and less".

~~

I guess I already wrote somewhere that I felt uncomfortable and stopped harrassing animals when I purchased a wonderful old house built in 1905... I had to chase spiders (small kind ones) inside MY home, blackbirds in MY cherry trees, mice in MY garden. After a few days I just said to myself: "OK they didn't sign at the notary's, they didn't pay but it's not a reason, they don't care about papers, they were around this house before me and I can't pretend being the only owner of the house!"

~~

I like reading texts about history of the universe, of our planet, life on Earth, human evolution, prehistory, etc. how could I pretend this Earth belongs to humans more than to ants, spiders, or others that arrived on Earth way before us!

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Dim 3 Juin - 22:31

Gérard a écrit:Well, take great care! Sign meanings are very different depending on the countries!
Hi everyone
As we have now in Café polyglotte de Calais, a sign language table, body language interests me all the more so.  Mind you, sign language is not universal and body language is worse because you can very easily put your foot in when you don't know what is written in the rectangles  below
Of course the above video was also very clear  Gestures across cultures  
http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/body-language-around-the-world-2015-3

Non verbal language - Page 2 5508513e69beddfa09092d79-750-3759Mike 

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Jeu 28 Juin - 6:11

Tx Charles
When words fail music speaks

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Dim 2 Sep - 10:58

Yes music is a wonderful language

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Non verbal language - Page 2 Empty The meaning of a smile the guardian

Message  MurielB Ven 28 Sep - 22:44

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jun/10/facial-awareness-the-meaning-of-a-smile

Facial awareness: the meaning of a smile

Non verbal language - Page 2 1984
     ‘People smile more when in public than they do when alone, and more when interacting with others than when not.’ Illustration: Nate Kitch for the Observer

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Ven 28 Sep - 22:54

For me there is a fundamental question
Martinez a écrit:where does language come from ?
It is very interesting. One  of the hypotheses of the appearance of language in humans is that first they learned to move their facial muscles and over time it evolved into what we call language. We have now a sign language table in Calais polyglot. The way they move their hands and fingers is interesting but what I find really amazing is the way they express themselves with their eyes and their facial expressions. The relationship between people is a lot more  visible. they can't pretend, they can't lie !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Non verbal language - Page 2 Empty The rebellious researchers embracing rap, magic and circus acts

Message  MurielB Ven 16 Déc - 21:57

https://circustalk.com/news/meet-the-rebellious-researchers-embracing-rap-magic-and-circus-acts 

Hip-hop poetry, magic and circus acts should be embraced by academics to make their work more effective and help them spread their findings among a wider audience, according to researchers calling for a “rebellion” against traditional forms of output.
The group, which includes academics from the UK, Europe and Australia, is publishing a book that sets out how researchers can “rise up and rebel” against the conventions of higher education which make speaking at academic conferences and publishing articles in scholarly journals the main methods of disseminating research.
The case studies in the book – Doing Rebellious Research in and Beyond the Academy, to be launched on Monday – include a University of Cambridge researcher who created podcasts to collect material on how students were affected by Covid and released an album of the results on Spotify. Slam poetry recitals were also used by academics to discuss young people’s experiences of social injustice, and high-wire circus acts employed to explore risk-taking and collaboration.
Hi everyone
Reading alone does not express emotions. When people are angry, hesitant, perplexed this is not captured in writing. Videos like "YouTube" express all this. There is also poetry, music like rap, circus, magic etc. Non-traditional methods allow more people to express themselves and people without a degree also have the right to speak. All these different people enrich the thinking.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2