Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Presentation Decottignies Valentin

3 participants

Presentation Decottignies Valentin Empty Presentation Decottignies Valentin

Message  valdeco Lun 20 Nov - 21:57

Hello everybody !!
My name is Decottignies Valentin and I am french.
I'm 22 years old, I would like improve my english thanks to the Cafe polyglotte.
My english skills are very low that's why i am sorry in advance for my mistakes.
I love travel, with my study I was in Quebec and in Japan, it was wonderful, I like speak with other people.
I look forward to meet you.

See you soon !
valdeco
valdeco

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (langue maternelle) Anglais

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Presentation Decottignies Valentin Empty Re: Presentation Decottignies Valentin

Message  MurielB Lun 20 Nov - 23:00

Welcome to the "café polyglotte sur le net" Valentin. \

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  MurielB Mar 21 Nov - 10:19

Bonjour Valentin
Merci beaucoup pour ta participation.  je voudrais te dire que nous sommes prêts à t'aider si tu veux améliorer ton anglais tant sur le forum pour l'écrit ou le café polyglotte pour l'oral (à Calais c'est le café de paris rue Royale chaque mardi de 18 heures à 20 heures).
Personnellement j'ai beaucoup progressé en écrivant régulièrement sur  le forum, en parlant chaque semaine au café polyglotte et j'aimerais le partager.  
Je me permets de te poser quelques questions pour améliorer ce concept
Comment as tu découvert ce forum ? connais tu également le café polyglotte en ville  ? qu'est ce que tu en attends ? que souhaiterais tu améliorer sur le forum  ?
N'oublie pas de mentionner sur ton profil ta connaissance de l'anglais si tu souhaites progresser dans cette langue.
A bientôt

Thanks for joining the "café polyglotte". We are ready to help you if you want to improve your written English (forum) oral English (café polyglotte)
I regularly write on the forum and speak every week in the café so I keep improving my language skills. I would like to share that
May I ask you a few questions?

How did you hear about us ? forum ? café polyglotte ? what do you expect ? what do you want to improve ?
Please could you mention on your profile that you want to communicate in English because you are interested in  that language.
bye for now

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  valdeco Mar 21 Nov - 18:20

Bonjour,
Je ne connaissais pas l'existence d'un café polyglotte sur Calais, je passerais y faire un tour très prochainement  Wink .
Je suis actuellement en licence Maths à l'université de Calais, en Anglais nous avons divers ressources en ligne mis à disposition afin de progresser tel que des cours, des vidéos, des sites d'informations en anglais ou encore des forums comme celui du café polyglotte. J'ai connu le principe de café polyglotte en allant voir une amie réalisant un erasmus en Allemagne, elle y allait tous les semaines pour travailler son allemand et pour discuter et découvrir d'autres cultures. Je compte pratiquer ici pour m'aider à prendre confiance en Anglais, corriger des erreurs au fur et à mesure et passer un cap supérieur pour avoir un peu plus que des conversations basiques avec les autres.
J'ai un peu de mal avec l'oral mais si il y a possibilité de se lancer à Calais, je sauterais le pas.

Hello,
I didn't know that a "café polyglotte" was in Calais, I will go see very soon Wink.
I am actually in Math university degree in Calais, in English we have a lot of documents online to progress like that courses, videos,  news sites or forum like the "café polyglotte". I knew the principle of "café polyglotte" thanks to a friend in erasmus in Germany, she went every week to work German and to discuss and discover other cultures. I would like practice here to help me to be selfconfident, fixed mistakes with time and to have less basic conversations with the others.
I have difficuty to speak but if it is possible to go at cafe in Calais, let's go !
valdeco
valdeco

Message  gerardM Mar 21 Nov - 22:00

Howdy Valentin.
Welcome to the forum.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Mar 21 Nov - 22:03

Thanks for explaining, Valentin ! You are more than welcome in "café polyglotte de Calais"

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 21 Nov - 22:06

valdeco a écrit:Hello everybody !!
I'm 22 years old, I would like improve my english thanks to the Cafe polyglotte.
My english skills are very low that's why i am sorry in advance for my mistakes.
I love travel, with my study I was in Quebec and in Japan, it was wonderful, I like speak with other people.

See you soon !
Valentin. there're a few mistakes in your words, are you interested in my writing about them?

gerardM

Message  valdeco Mer 22 Nov - 23:21

gerarM a écrit:Valentin. there're a few mistakes in your words, are you interested in my writing about them?

Yes, if you can help me, it's a pleasure.
valdeco
valdeco

Message  gerardM Jeu 23 Nov - 0:08

Howdy Valentin,

> Yes, if you can help me, it's a pleasure.
No problem.
First of all, I'm not a profesional, I'm not a teacher but just someone who likes English (American English) very much.
The remarks I will make below are sure. I mean that if I'm not sure, I won't write anything (or I'll tell you about my doubts).

valdeco a écrit:Hello everybody !!

See you soon !
General remarks:
- every name of country, nationality, language needs a capital letter, and so does the pronoun "I".
- there's no space before a punctuation sign
> I would like improve my english
I would like to improve my English
> I love travel
I love to travel
> I was in Quebec and in Japan
Speaking about travels, it's betetr to say: "I've been to Quebec and to Japan.
> I like speak
I like to speak
> I look forward to meet you.
I look forward to meeting you.

Exceptionally, "I will go see" is correct (without "to"), especially in American English... another correct form is ""to go and see" (even in British En).

gerardM

Message  valdeco Lun 27 Nov - 18:07

Thanks GerardM.
I can see that I forget a lot of time to put the to before verbs.
I will try to fix that.
valdeco
valdeco

Message  gerardM Lun 27 Nov - 23:39

You're welcome Valentin

> I can see that I forget a lot of time to put the to before verbs.
... a lot of times...
Most of the time, when there's an infinitive in French, you must use "to" in English.

There are a few exceptions:
- after "go", English can use "to" (eg "He goes to watch the new movie"), or "and" (eg "I go and visit my grandmother"), or nothing (eg "I will go see")
Attention, en Français, à ne pas confondre (grammaticalement parlant) "Je pars dans 3 mois, je vais voyager à travers les USA" et "Je vais manger ce gâteau" ; une des phrases est un "futur immédiat" et l'autre pas - le futur immédiat est bizarre en ce sens qu'on a des phrases du genre "je vais aller au ciné" (répétition bizarre du verbe "aller") ou "je vais venir te voir" (alors, tu vas ou tu viens ??? - le verbe aller et son opposé !) ; en fait, le verbe "aller" y est bidon en ce sens que ce n'est qu'une expression qui n'a rien à voir avec le sens originel du verbe aller : seulement un futur immédiat.
English is similar: the "futur immédiat" is translated into the expression "... going to..." - "I'm going to eat this cake", "I'm going to the theater", "I'm going to come and see you" - I'm writing these words about "going to" because in this form, there's mandatorilly a "to"; in fact "to" belongs to the expres​sion(not the mark of the infinitive but a part of "going to")
- after "help", English can use "to" (eg "I'm going to help win that match"), or nothing (eg "that helps get more money")
- after the senses: see, hear, etc.: eg "I see him reach the gate"; with the senses, we can also find the ing form ("I hear him going up the stairs") but there's a tiny difference in the use and the meaning.
- possibly others but they don't come to my mind.

gerardM

Message  valdeco Mar 28 Nov - 21:49

gerardM a écrit:- possibly others but they don't come to my mind.

It's already a lot !

I will learn (in this case, you think it's better to use I'm going to or I will ?) and try to memorize that.
valdeco
valdeco

Message  gerardM Mar 28 Nov - 22:41

valdeco a écrit:
gerardM a écrit:- possibly others but they don't come to my mind.

It's already a lot !

I will learn (in this case, you think it's better to use I'm going to or I will ?) and try to memorize that.
English has oodles of ways to express time and duration.
> better to use I'm going to or I will
It's not that simple: the two alternatives are not interchangeable; both have their meaning and use... you can also use a present such as in tomorrow, I stop smoking.
"I'll start my own business" and "I'm going to start my own business" don't have the same meaning.

"In july I will be preparing my exam"...
"Next year, we will have been working for 20 years on the subject"...
What do you think about "When I'm 64" (sung by Paul McCartney) (never the future tense after "when")?

gerardM

Message  valdeco Mar 5 Déc - 23:19

gerardM a écrit:What do you think about "When I'm 64" (sung by Paul McCartney) (never the future tense after "when")?

I did not know this song before you told me about it.
I listened this around ten times, it's a great song. We can feeling that it's a old song on some parts, but this song is a real song of romanticism.
I like the beginning :
When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a Valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door ?

And this part :
Sunday morning go for a ride.
Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more ?
valdeco
valdeco

Message  gerardM Mer 6 Déc - 19:00

> What do you think about "When I'm 64" (sung by Paul McCartney) (never the future tense after "when")?
Sorry for having you analyze the lyrics and lose time Valentin.
I was just speaking about the grammar rule: no future tense after "when".

Paul McCartney reached 64 and the fans reminded him of the song...

> We can feeling that...
This is not correct Valentin.

gerardM