Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Another away defeat for the Romans .

2 participants

Another away defeat for the Romans . Empty Another away defeat for the Romans .

Message  johnB Dim 19 Fév - 18:46

Oh dear ! I hope that when you are reading this you are not eating your breakfast or if you are standing up that you have something solid nearby to grab. I have just found out the earth-shattering news that the Financial Times newspaper has decided from now on to treat the word " data " as a singular noun ! I know this will shock those of you who are prone to wearing tunics and togas as you will know from your latin that " datum" is a singular noun and data are plural. However, life , and language with it , moves on. I do hope this information has not disturbed your day. My own personal view is that data is ( not are !! ) much easier to pronounce than statistics. ..... johnB

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Another away defeat for the Romans . Empty Re: Another away defeat for the Romans .

Message  MurielB Dim 19 Fév - 21:36

John a écrit:My own personal view is that data is ( not are !! ) much easier to pronounce than statistics. .....
It is true that in an increasingly complex, connected environment, all systems tend to become more complex. The need to simplify goes hand in hand. Thanks for the good news Very Happy
Another away defeat for the Romans . Fdb63210

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas