Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Georges Harrison the quiet beatle

2 participants

Georges Harrison the quiet beatle Empty Georges Harrison the quiet beatle

Message  MurielB Mar 27 Avr - 21:20

https://tolookforamericablog.wordpress.com/2017/08/14/the-quiet-beatle/
His name was George Harrison and he is gone but not forgotten. What remains of him is a simple plate in Los Angeles near the observatory. Not much needs to be sad, just a moment of quietness. He gave joy to millions, during life and even after death.
Georges Harrison the quiet beatle George10
Georges Harrison was a distinguished guiarist, songwriter and humanitarian. Above all, however, he was a beatle and that's how we will remember him. Not only had he a wonderful music but also a free uplifting spirit that made everything seem possible and everyone felt as if he would live forever. He was only 58 when he died in 2001

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 28 Avr - 15:03, édité 3 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Georges Harrison the quiet beatle Empty Re: Georges Harrison the quiet beatle

Message  MurielB Mar 27 Avr - 21:43

George Harrison remained attached to India and Hindu philosophy throughout his life. He was also interested in traditional Indian classical music, which he helped to make known in the West and which he integrated into his compositions.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Georges Harrison the quiet beatle Empty George Harrison, The Quiet Beatle

Message  johnB Mer 28 Avr - 11:48

The Beatles were part of my teenage years. What amuses me is when they started the older generation thought they were scandalous because of their long hair. Now when you look at their LP covers their hair seems very short and tidy and they are wearing smart suits. After them each group had longer hair and more extravagant clothes. They sometimes now have the nickname of the "Mop Tops " referring to their hair.

I am reading these posts and they make me venture into the grammatical quicksand that is English so please do not take what I say as gospel ( i.e. totally correct ). It occurs to me that when talking about a person it is rare for the word to end in " ien ". It is normally "ian " We therefore have such examples as " vegetarian, parliamentarian, octogenarian, technician, musician,politician etc.
Also in English we say that was not a mistake it was just a "typo" i.e. we just hit the wrong key when typing !
johnB.

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp

Georges Harrison the quiet beatle Empty Re: Georges Harrison the quiet beatle

Message  MurielB Mer 28 Avr - 14:56

Thank you very much John for sharing your memories of the Beatles with us. It's very moving isn't it to think back to the songs of the past. I really like the expression "Mop Tops " Very Happy I didn't know.
I have just corrected my mistake "typo" Wink . Thank you for your comment and for the very useful rule you have written. I keep learning the English language thanks to you :-)

MurielB
MurielB
Admin