Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

"Teach your kids English" Best practices

2 participants

"Teach your kids English" Best practices Empty "Teach your kids English" Best practices

Message  MurielB Sam 17 Fév - 22:16

Hi everyone! 

I don't think that nowadays we need to be excellent in English to be an excellent teacher for our kids. The modern technology and other possiblilities are  there to help. 
I  give you my personal experience. I have got 5 grandchildren. The eldest one is 12. Now she can Watch her favourite videos in English without French subtitles because when she stays with us (She has regularly stayed with us since she was a baby) I read her a bedtime story in English. Her brother is 10 and couldn't understand anything till we came across "Gogo's adventures"and "Horrid Henry" Now he loves singing in English and understands everything. It is all the more important for them since the other grand parents and the great grand mother on their father's side live in Manchester. Thanks to their English knowledge, they are very happy when they est stayi in England with them.
The third one aged 7 spoke English before he could speak French because he was in England from the age of 2 till the age of 4. Their parents have an "English nounou"twice a week and he goes to a "mini school" . I have bought for his sister "Les 100 premiers mots en anglais"and she enjoys it. She also likes singing the popular nursery rhymes. 
The youngest one is only 20 month old and will be in a bilingual school next year.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 7 Mar - 13:19, édité 1 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

"Teach your kids English" Best practices Empty Re: "Teach your kids English" Best practices

Message  melane Mar 20 Fév - 23:43

hi Muriel Very Happy ,I think that the best thing to help your kids with English , it's to talk with him because the video you can watch like "GOGO " or "HORRID HENRY " doesn't help him to practice .After the videos, he can understand what you say but only reply with words or sentences he heard pale ,he can't build his own sentence. If it's you who talks , you can help him with pronunciation and you can tell him many ways to say the same thing !!! For me it's really good to put your child in a bilingue school :-) :-) !!

melane

Lieu : paris
Langues : Français(Langue maternelle), Gb, esp chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas