Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness

4 participants

A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness Empty A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness

Message  gerardM Ven 11 Déc - 22:12

Howdy.

Staying Alive is Not Enough

A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness
The best news is, it’s the simplest thing in the world AND it costs nothing!
TRUEACTIVIST.COM

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness Empty Re: A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness

Message  MurielB Ven 11 Déc - 22:17

The secret to long-lasting happiness can only be found in the meaningful connections we make in the real world
So true !

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness Empty Re: A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness

Message  MurielB Mar 7 Juin - 21:50

Hi Gérard, everyone!
This very interesting video teaches us that wealth and fame don't bring happiness. Social connections bring happiness. The more socially connected to friends, family etc you are, the better. It is not only the number but the quality which will  protect you. Not only  your body but also your mind. Satisfied relationships keep people healthy longer and make their memories and intelligence sharper.
Do you share that view-point ? What would you add ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness Empty A 75-years long study have found the secret to happyness

Message  pierreP Mer 8 Juin - 10:24

How true it is ! For myself, few months ago, I have moved from the North toward the Limousin, in order to be nearer from my family. I meet a greater number of people, I am more often out and, I feel happier. Even if I don't participate to the café-polyglotte's activities, I follow always with interest the contributions. Unfortunately, many contributions are interesting, but doesn't leads an answer !
pierreP
pierreP

Lieu : Lille (59)
Langues : Français (langue maternelle), GB, de, es

A 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness Empty 75-Year Long Study Has Found The Secret To Happiness

Message  sylviaJ Mer 8 Juin - 11:47

I perfectly agree. Mark Twain was a very wise man. As I don't have any family left apart from my mother, friends are all the more important, and I feel very fortunate to have so many all over the world who help me to practice and avoid losing my language skills. However, it takes time and energy to stay in touch, but it is certainly worth the effort. Money is not the most important thing - in fact, the happiest peolpe are often the poorest. Because once you have fulfilled your material dreams, there can be a feeling of emptiness. Happiness also comes from within, from comparing yourself not with those who have more or are better off, but with those who have less. Just look at the poor refugees, what trauma they are going through!
sylviaJ
sylviaJ

Lieu : Bruxelles
Langues : DE Gb (Langue maternelle), ESp Russe It Farsi

Message  MurielB Mer 8 Juin - 22:22

Thanks Gérard for your very interesting link and thanks Sylvia and Pierre for your contribution.
 Thinking  together allows us to mutually enrich our view points.  visitors' answer will always be welcome. It is true that what is written on the forum doesn't always need an answer but each answer or post is a precious stone

MurielB
MurielB
Admin