Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules

3 participants

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules

Message  gerardM Sam 21 Déc - 11:53

To discover other pages please click on the top right. the page numbers appear there.
Hi everyone,

What about this one?

-> Scientists print eye cells using inkjet printer
University of Cambridge researchers print two types of retinal cells from adult rats and hope the development could one day contribute to a cure for some types of human blindness.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Temp63

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Study Says New Method Could Be a Quicker Source of Stem Cells

Message  gerardM Mer 29 Jan - 19:13

Hi everyone,

Good for improvement re human health
-> Study Says New Method Could Be a Quicker Source of Stem Cells
A surprising study has found that a simple acid bath might turn cells in the body into stem cells that could one day be used for tissue repair and other medical treatments.

-> New stem cell technique may aid medical treatments

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Re: Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules

Message  MurielB Mer 29 Jan - 22:07

yes Gérard if a simple acid bath can turn any cell from the human body into a stem cell it is very good news. when  stem cells derive from embryonic tissues there is an ethic problem . That 's the reason why France is lagging behind as far as researches are concerned.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Re: Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules

Message  gerardM Jeu 30 Jan - 13:05

Good news indeed.

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Neanderthals gave us disease genes

Message  gerardM Ven 31 Jan - 12:02

Hi everyone,

Anyone interested in Neanderthals?

-> Neanderthals gave us disease genes
Gene types that influence disease in people today were picked up through interbreeding with Neanderthals, a major study in Nature journal suggests.

They passed on variants involved in type 2 diabetes, Crohn's disease and - curiously - smoking addiction.

Genome studies reveal that our species (Homo sapiens) mated with Neanderthals after leaving Africa.

Similar links from the BBC Web site:

• Diabetes risk 'from Neanderthals'
  • Neanderthals 'could speak like us'
  • Mystery early human revealed in DNA
  • Neanderthal genes 'survive in us'

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 31 Jan - 17:31

Hi everyone,

Scientific American also posted on the subject
-> Sex with Neandertals Introduced Helpful and Harmful DNA into Modern Human Genome
Sex with Neandertals Introduced Helpful and Harmful DNA into Modern Human Genome

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 2 Fév - 20:31

Bonsoir à tous,

Si je me souviens bien, jusque là Neandertal nous avait donné 1-4 % de nos gènes (plus précisément, des gènes des humains non Africains)

Eh bien voila que maintenant, c'est 20 % !
-> Plus de Neandertal en nous ?
En comparant des génomes ancien et modernes, des scientifiques américains ont découvert qu’environ 20% du génome néandertalien persiste dans les populations humaines actuelles.

D'ici qu'on nous dise que les Neandertals sont encore parmi nous...

~~ édition
Je suis en train de lire...
Si je comprends bien, les 4 % sont le pourcentage de gènes en chacun de nous (hors Afrique), les 20 % représentent le pourcentage de la variété de tous les gènes.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 3 Fév - 22:24

Hi everyone,

Other articles on the subject:
-> Neandertals and Moderns Made Imperfect Mates
-> Resurrecting Surviving Neandertal Lineages from Modern Human Genomes

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 4 Fév - 8:55

Hi Gérard
Have you read the series Earth's children ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_Children
The books are about the period of co-existence between Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals. I have read them in French.
The clan are the Neanderthals and the others are the Cro-Magnons. It was very interesting to note their mental differences.

Physiologically, the Clan are heavier and broader but also shorter than the people of The Others. They are very slow to embrace change and to innovate, and they still chase after animals to spear them directly, whereas the Cro-Magnons are enthusiastic about innovation and have moved on to projectile spears. The Clan's tools, clothing, and household implements are similarly less refined and sometimes less effective than those of their Cro-Magnon counterparts, whose implements and other goods are more technologically sophisticated.
The Clan's reluctance to change is depicted by Auel as a function of their cognition; they are presented as dependent upon their racial-genetic memory. The average Clan child needs only be 'reminded' of a thing to know it permanently, though skilled tasks still require repetitive practice. Furthermore, the need to encode everything into a child's brain has increased the average Neanderthal head size to the point that, by the time of the first novel, women of the Clan are having trouble giving birth to their large-headed babies—a sign that their evolutionary strategy has run its course.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 4 Fév - 14:17

Hi Everyone
Earth's children from Jean Marie Auel is very convincing because true to life.
http://www.jeanauel.com/about.php

She immersed herself in the available historical and scientific data, learning everything she could about life more than 30,000 years ago. Her extensive, precise research became a hallmark of her work, earning her the respect of archeologists, anthropologists, and paleontologists worldwide for her subtle interpretation of facts and artifacts

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty New Stem Cells a Genetic Match for Adults

Message  gerardM Mar 22 Avr - 19:59

Howdy,

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Temp2091
(click pic to read article)

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Scientists create 'alien' life form with artificial genetic code

Message  gerardM Jeu 8 Mai - 23:24

Hi there.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Temp2321

No other comment than "Scientists create 'alien' life form with artificial genetic code"... what do you think?

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 8 Mai - 23:27

Hi,

2 similar links:

-> Scientists Create First Living Organism With 'Artificial' DNA

-> Scientists Have Created "Alien" DNA

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 9 Mai - 7:58

Hi Gérard, everyone !
It's amazing and I also support science and research as long as man remains wise and careful. Anyway the question " how far can we go in playing the sorcerer's apprentice ?" remains to be asked.   
However, it's also incredibly hopeful as this kind of science could help us do great things like cure cancer. That is, if we don't accidentally create some new kind of cancer first
what is useful is to improve life  not to the detriment of safety that's all. We don't care about researchers' vanity or purse.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 9 Mai - 18:49, édité 6 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Ven 9 Mai - 8:25

Some people have an artificial life, even being made in a normal way... Very Happy

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Ven 9 Mai - 18:31

It takes all sorts to make a world.

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Changing Our DNA Through Mind Control?

Message  gerardM Jeu 18 Déc - 17:50

Howdy.

Don't you anticipate a bit here guys??

Scientific American magazine

"Findings from a new study published in Cancer by a Canadian group suggest that our mental state has measurable physical influence on us – more specifically on our DNA."

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQBVnb48HjQ-bgiF&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Fsciam%2Fcache%2Ffile%2F05D52FA4-7D44-4B55-B020910BBF8A9E16

Changing Our DNA Through Mind Control?
A study finds meditating cancer patients are able to affect the makeup of their DNA
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR BRET STETKA

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 18 Déc - 20:16

Hi everyone !
mind and body are likely to communicate .
People somatise. Anyway to be able to change DNA through mind control is amazing !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty DNA Editing of Human Embryos Alarms Scientists

Message  gerardM Ven 13 Mar - 22:58

Howdy.

Rumors abound that scientists are working on editing the genes of human embryos.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQBTbNuvzdB3piPE&w=158&h=158&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Fsciam%2Fcache%2Ffile%2F7FE60389-0278-4130-A27CC853BCF8158D

DNA Editing of Human Embryos Alarms Scientists
A call by scientists to halt to precision gene-editing of DNA in human embryos would allow time to work out safety and ethical issues
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR DAVID CYRANOSKI,NATURE MAGAZINE

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Ancient Human With 10 Percent Neanderthal Genes Found

Message  gerardM Lun 22 Juin - 21:43

Howdy.

Discovery News

ANCIENT HUMAN WITH 10 PERCENT NEANDERTHAL GENES FOUND: The finding of a cross-breed suggests that interbreeding with Neanderthals was more common than previously thought.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQA_M3t2VKAzzDoJ&w=470&h=246&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xft1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F11424460_10153248566853387_7508685340027996465_n

Ancient Human With 10 Percent Neanderthal Genes Found : DNews
The DNA finding suggests that Interbreeding with Neanderthals appears to have been more common than previously thought.
NEWS.DISCOVERY.COM

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Chemical treatment transforms skin cells into neurons

Message  gerardM Jeu 6 Aoû - 21:53

Howdy.

News from Science

Two teams of scientists have found different ways to perform the same biological identity swap: turning skin cells into neurons. Both approaches involve merely adding a few chemicals to cells and could lead to new ways to treat a person’s disease using cells from their own body.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQCZq2CmiYsEPbtu&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.sciencemag.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fsn-neuron

Chemical treatment transforms skin cells into neurons
Two teams of scientists determine chemicals that turn skin cells into brain cells
NEWS.SCIENCEMAG.ORG

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Kirigami-inspired Solar Cells Could Capture More Sunlight Even On Slanted Roofs

Message  gerardM Dim 20 Sep - 15:53

Howdy.

Greenpeace International

Delicate film solar cells inspired by ancient Japanese artforms bend to meet the Sun's rays

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQDwfCsKzwQcQpCU&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.techtimes.com%2Fdata%2Fimages%2Ffull%2F135333%2Fkirigami-solar-cells

Kirigami-inspired Solar Cells Could Capture More Sunlight Even On Slanted Roofs: Here's Why
Using the Japanese art of Kirigami, University of Michigan researchers developed lightweight sun tracking solar cells capable of absorbing more energy from the...
TECHTIMES.COM|PAR TECH TIMES

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty Neuron Transplants May One Day Reverse Blindness

Message  gerardM Ven 30 Oct - 15:19

Howdy.

Scientists successfully restored full youthful plasticity in adult mice by transplanting young neurons into their brain—curing their severe visual impairments in the process.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQCM1BlmdDK7rhig&w=158&h=158&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Fsciam%2Fcache%2Ffile%2F0A4C260A-93F0-483F-95095C145AD321BC

Neuron Transplants May One Day Reverse Blindness
Scientists restored youthful brain plasticity and vision in mice
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR JESSICA SCHMERLER

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty The 3230 genes you can’t do without

Message  gerardM Ven 13 Nov - 14:36

Howdy.

News from Science

Mess with any of these genes and you’ll find yourself kaput.

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQACqjY9D-fMO8Oh&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.sciencemag.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fsn-genes_1

The 3230 genes you can’t do without
Massive DNA study pinpoints top suspects for causing disease
NEWS.SCIENCEMAG.ORG

gerardM

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Empty U.K. researcher receives permission to edit genes in human embryos

Message  gerardM Mar 2 Fév - 1:06

Howdy.

News from Science

As the debate over human gene editing continues, a biologist in the UK has received approval to modify human embryos using CRISPR:

Genome DNA Cells Neurons particles molecules Safe_image.php?d=AQCU8Bv5eYBalPRD&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sciencemag.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Farticle_main_large%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fsi-humanembryo_0

U.K. researcher receives permission to edit genes in human embryos
Proposed experiments will study the earliest stages of embryo development
SCIENCEMAG.ORG

gerardM

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant