Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine

+2
MurielB
Nick
6 participants

Page 3 sur 6 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine - Page 3 Empty Re: Anglo-Saxon Cuisine

Message  MurielB Mer 17 Avr - 22:38

Hi Gérard, everyone !
what can we do to take action apart from eating organic food ?

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  gerardM Mer 17 Avr - 23:19

Muriel,

Follow what is written on the web sites above, when there are petitions, especially check AVAAZ.org

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Jeu 23 Mai - 13:56

Please listen to this video !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 23 Mai - 23:10

Tiens, elle a été mise sur Facebook, par Susan, une collègue américaine.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 24 Mai - 17:52

Hi everyone,

-> GMO-free Europe 2012

-> GMO-free news from France

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 10 Juil - 8:27

Hi Gérard !
I have read some where that canola oil is the healthiest of all commonly used cooking oil. we should use it "bio" then !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 10 Juil - 9:14

Muriel,

If I don't forget it before (I'm leaving home), I'll give you more links posted by Susan.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 10 Juil - 22:55

Hi Gérard !
I will be happy to have the links from Susan
thank you !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 11 Juil - 0:24

Hi Muriel,

Susan is a very active anti-GMO, especially anti-Monsanto. Here are her last 4 publications:
-> Irish Monsanto company pays no tax

gerardM

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine - Page 3 Empty organic food is particularly important for babies and pregnant mothers because it is the begining of a new life

Message  MurielB Jeu 11 Juil - 9:29

Pregnancy is a good time to make the switch to organic foods. By going organic, you avoid exposing yourself to the antibiotics, artificial hormones, pesticides and genetically modified feed found in many non-organic meats, produce, grain and dairy products.

http://www.justthefactsbaby.com/pregnancy/article/eating-organic-during-pregnancy-47
Hello everyone

For sure Making organic baby food recipes for your growing baby will help to keep baby's fragile system relatively free of chemicals and pesticides and it is the same for pregnant women (As shown above)

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 14 Juil - 15:13

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

Another posting by Susan:

The article on the New York Times -> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/business/energy-environment/11iht-green11.html?_r=1&

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 14 Juil - 15:21

Still from Susan:

Don't be fooled by front of package labeling.

At first glance, this product may look like a healthy option, but take a closer look and you may be surprised.

While the front label claims this mayo is made with olive oil, the ingredient list shows it also contains canola, soybean oil, sugar and maltodextrin, all of which are GMOs. We also spotted this #ScarySeven ingredient: Potassium Sorbate - which research shows can damage DNA.

You can feel good about leaving this product on the shelf.

Check out these simple recipes for DIY condiments - just in time for the long weekend:

http://www.naturallysavvy.com/nutrition/ditch-these-7-condiments-for-good-and-make-your-own

- Andrea Donsky, Founder

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 14 Juil - 15:29

Hi,

Another posting by Susan:

We strongly disagree with the General Mills position of keeping GMO ingredients hidden from consumers. In Europe General Mills products don't have GMO ingredients. Common GMO ingredients include: Modified Corn Starch, Sugar, Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols). Join us in calling on Cheerios to remove their GMO ingredients from their cereal and to STOP spending money against GMO labeling and consumers fundamental right to know.

Tell them on their Facebook page or share this post here: https://www.facebook.com/cheerios

#GMOCheerios #GMO #LabelGMOs #HiddenGMOIngredients
As we can guess, Americans are a bit behind on that point but they are catching up.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 27 Juil - 23:39

Hi everyone,

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine - Page 3 NonGMOProjectApproachesUSDA072713
-> http://www.nationofchange.org/huge-victory-non-gmo-label-meat-eggs-approved-us-use-1374935368
Huge Victory: Non-GMO Label for Meat, Eggs Approved for US Use
The American people want to know whether or not their food has genetically modified components inside. But for the most part, the FDA has resisted any efforts to label foods as GMO-free or containing GMOs. Now, however, advocates for Non-GMO foods have done their work with a different regulatory agency, the USDA, in order to get labeling approved for meats and eggs that also indicates if the animals were fed GM food, signaling a small but important success in the fight for a transparent food industry. You may have heard this news, but we’re trying to spread the word even more!

gerardM

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine - Page 3 Empty What is permaculture ?

Message  MurielB Mer 21 Aoû - 11:49

1.Permaculture is an innovative framework for creating sustainable ways of living.
2.It is a practical method of developing ecologically harmonious, efficient and productive systems that can be used by anyone, anywhere.

By thinking carefully about the way we use our resources - food, energy, shelter and other material and non-material needs - it is possible to get much more out of life by using less. We can be more productive for less effort, reaping benefits for our environment and ourselves, for now and for generations to come.

This is the essence of permaculture - the design of an ecologically sound way of living - in our households, gardens, communities and businesses. It is created by cooperating with nature and caring for the earth and its people.

Permaculture is not exclusive - its principles and practice can be used by anyone, anywhere:
•City flats, yards and window boxes
•Suburban and country houses/garden
•Allotments and smallholdings
•Community spaces
•Farms and estates
•Countryside and conservation areas
•Commercial and industrial premises
•Educational establishments
•Waste ground

Permaculture encourages us to be resourceful and self-reliant. It is not a dogma or a religion but an ecological design system which helps us find solutions to the many problems facing us - both locally and globally..

Writer Emma Chapman defines it as:

"Permaculture, originally 'Permanent Agriculture', is often viewed as a set of gardening techniques, but it has in fact developed into a whole design philosophy, and for some people a philosophy for life. Its central theme is the creation of human systems which provide for human needs, but using many natural elements and drawing inspiration from natural ecosystems. Its goals and priorities coincide with what many people see as the core requirements for sustainability."

Permaculture tackles how to grow food, build houses and create communities, and minimise environmental impact at the same time. Its principles are being constantly developed and refined by people throughout the world in very different climates and cultural circumstances.
http://www.permaculture.co.uk/what-is-permaculture
Victoria Dufour from  Falmouth polyglot is involved in that project. Thanks a lot for this information.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 8 Sep - 21:45

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

Americans have to fight hard but little by little, they succeed.
On the other hand, Europe oblige France to go backwards.

Finally, what's the best?

Susan posted this, asking good questions:

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 8 Sep - 21:52

Millions Against Monsanto by OrganicConsumers.org

Thanks to you, the Grocery Manufacturers Association’s (GMA) membership roster is a little shorter today. Weil Lifestyle, the company founded by heath guru Dr. Andrew Weil, cut its ties with the GMA after 24,623 of you signed our petition pointing out the hypocrisy of telling customers and followers that GMOs should be labeled, while paying dues to the largest contributor to the campaign (NO on 522) to defeat GMO labeling in Washington State.

The GMA, which donated $2.2 million last year to defeat a GMO labeling initiative in California (Proposition 37), has contributed another $2.2 million so far this year to defeat I-522.

So, who’s next? Safeway? Starbucks? Target? Let’s keep the pressure on these big-name brands. Maybe they’ll follow Dr. Weil’s lead?

TAKE ACTION: Tell Safeway, Starbucks and Target: Stop bankrolling campaigns to defeat GMO Labeling!
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/safeway-starbucks-and?source=c.url&r_by=5382364

gerardM

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine - Page 3 Empty Don't let Bayer overturn the ban on bee-killing pesticides

Message  gerardM Lun 9 Sep - 19:55

Another page...

-> Don't let Bayer overturn the ban on bee-killing pesticides
Wow. Bayer has just sued the European Commission to overturn a ban on the pesticides that are killing millions of bees around the world. A huge public push won this landmark ban only months ago -- and we can't sit back and let Big Pesticide overturn it while the bees vanish.

gerardM

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine - Page 3 Empty Zero Waste lifestyle

Message  MurielB Jeu 12 Sep - 20:20

Since embarking on the Zero Waste lifestyle, my life and that of my family has completely changed... for the better. We not only feel happier, we lead more meaningful lives, based on experiences instead of stuff, and action instead of inaction.  
http://zerowastehome.blogspot.fr/p/about.html
We are always amazed at seeing the quantity of waste we are producing. I have seen Bea Johnson this morning on television and thought that what she was doing was great

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 25 Sep - 21:23

Anglo-Saxon Cuisine - Page 3 SenatetoKillMonsantoProtectionAct092513

Victory: Senate To Kill Monsanto Protection Act Amid Outrage

In a major victory brought upon by serious activism and public outrage, new legislation changes will shut down the Monsanto Protection Act rider that granted Monsanto protection from legal action and was set to renew on September 30th.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 25 Sep - 22:03

Stopping  Monsanto has become a must for our survival.
https://www.facebook.com/Stopping.Monsanto

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 25 Sep - 22:39

Hi Muriel,

I've got several friends in America (specialists of computer security). Till now, I only knew about Susan as a fighter against Monsanto; now, I realize lots of my friends joined the gang.:-) 

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 25 Sep - 22:54

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

In France we often think Americans don't do anything to counter junk food, GMOs, obesity, etc.
That's true that in the US, people are free to enterprise but when they start, they are efficient.

Another victory (in fact oodles of victories here and there):

Nation's largest food makers' trade group, the Grocery Manufacturers Association, is donating big money to oppose I-522, but on whose behalf? Find out more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michele-simon/are-junk-food-corporation_b_3943336.html #StopMonsanto #GMA #YesOn522 #Vote #LabelGMOs #RightToKnow #GMOs
(thanks to Susan!)

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 26 Sep - 14:53

gerardM a écrit:Hi Muriel,
 I only knew about Susan as a fighter against Monsanto; now, I realize lots of my friends joined the gang.:-) 
I also know a lot of Young people who have started growing their own vegetables. Healthy food is so important, especially for pregnant mothers and babies under the age of two.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 28 Sep - 15:20

Next time you're at the grocery store, consider choosing at least one organic product out of every 10 items you purchase.

gerardM

Page 3 sur 6 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant