Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The wet cure (vocable 667 Newsweek by John Ericson)

2 participants

The wet cure (vocable 667 Newsweek by John Ericson) Empty The wet cure (vocable 667 Newsweek by John Ericson)

Message  MurielB Jeu 9 Jan - 22:25

could hangovers be definitely suppressed ? http://mag.newsweek.com/2013/11/22/wet-cure.html

Could hangovers soon be a thing of the past? The answer is yes - if you believe David Nutt, the Edmond J. Safra professor of neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College London. Writing for The Guardian, he says five newly discovered compounds made it possible for him to synthesize an alcohol substitute that removes all negative effects associated with drinking, intoxication, and even the dreaded morning after

We all know that alcohol is toxic and if unwanted effects can be removed it is great. Anyway it will be a shame to turn wine into something tasteless and dull. what about wine-tasting, about sensory examination and evaluation of wine ? will it be removed too ?

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 10 Jan - 17:33, édité 1 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The wet cure (vocable 667 Newsweek by John Ericson) Empty Re: The wet cure (vocable 667 Newsweek by John Ericson)

Message  gerardM Ven 10 Jan - 12:17

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

I didn't read the Web page yet but I'm skeptical and worried.

3 points:

> that removes all negative effects associated with drinking
I don't think that removing the effects will solve the problem. I doubt that removing hangover would help a lot.
Yes I read "all negative effects": I doubt regarding the "all" - the hangover is nothing compared to the destruction of the ability to manage one's behavior.

Better to get rid of causes than hidding effects.

I guess many people who drink too much just want to damage themselves.
I Wonder if removing negative effects won't lead to drink more, or do worse.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

The wet cure (vocable 667 Newsweek by John Ericson) Empty Re: The wet cure (vocable 667 Newsweek by John Ericson)

Message  MurielB Ven 10 Jan - 17:12

gerardM a écrit:
I Wonder if removing negative effects won't lead to drink more, or do worse.
hi Gérard !
It is very interesting to have another view. I had only considered the wine taste.  I have a lot of wine drinkers around me  who carefully select their wines. In our family reunions, they bring the most beautiful bottle of wines. When you don't appreciate them you are like going to a museum and not enjoying a "Picasso" or a "Van gogh ". For them drinking a tasteless beverage is out of the question.  
Gérard,   You see the wine addiction problem which is a serious one because it can destroy lives.
I don't know if the alcohol substitute will be a solution for the ones who drink too much.   scratch  

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois