Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The Big History Project

3 participants

The Big History Project Empty The Big History Project

Message  gerardM Ven 1 Nov - 19:46

Hi everyone,

Wow! There's at least one American Citizen who didn't think te world was created by God "since more than 4,000 years ago" Wink
Bill Gates
My favorite course of all time is now available to everyone for free.

The Big History Project is a comprehensive 13.7 billion year history of the universe. I hope all of you will become Big Historians:
http://b-gat.es/16q4ofV
-> A Story for
Everyone

Explore 13.7 billion years of shared history and consider the big questions about our Universe, our planet, life, and humanity. From the big bang to modern day to where we are going in the future, big history covers it all.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Big History Project Empty Re: The Big History Project

Message  MurielB Ven 1 Nov - 22:06

Hi Gérard
What are we heading to is difficult to know. During my childhood nobody ever predicted(Even in Science fiction which is  based on writing rationally about alternative possible worlds or futures) what we are now : Amazing modern technology, internet, new forms of communication etc. To-day the main questions remain unanswered. Is there a sense in the evolution, is there an energy behind all this (God ?)or is it by chance ? I am nearly sure that aliens in other planets exist and we will meet them one day (The universe is so wide and there must be a sort of life somewhere else) Are we just the visible part of ourselves ? what is reality ?

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Sam 2 Nov - 16:35

Hi Muriel,

Thanks for your answer.

You are moving to philosophy and theology while I was just showing my Wonder in front of an American who is not following George W. Bush in the creationism theory.
Bill Gates would just like to teach his country-fellows about the basis of history.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 2 Nov - 17:06

Hi Gérard
The video was very interesting and I also wonder why some believe in in the creationism theory. Thank you for inserting this wonderful video in our forum. In fact I don't care what people believe in. What they act is more important. I Know who Bill Gate is (I read all about his life in internet) He is a good man for sure.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  Remy Dim 3 Nov - 9:14

I'm not sure, but I have heard that in the States rich people think that they must give back a part of their richness; they must give back something; it is linked with religion

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Dim 3 Nov - 17:51

Hi Rémy,

Indeed!

Many religions suggest people give 10% of their earnings.

In Roman Catholism, there's something named "denier du culte", which means 10%. Nowadays, Holande land former Presidents aunched better. Wink

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 5 Nov - 10:57

Hi everyone,

To those who aren't afraid of Facebook -> https://www.facebook.com/bighistoryproject is the URL of the Big Project.
The Big History Project is a free, online course that tells
the story of our Universe and humanity.

Developing a framework to help people learn about anything and everything. It's inherently
interdisciplinary – combining the best of social studies, humanities, and science.

• It will take about 6-8 hours to complete the core material and quizzes
  • The content mixes great editorial with videos, infographics, and imagery
  • Features leading academics and experts in a range of fields
  • Optional quizzes test your knowledge along the way

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 5 Nov - 23:48

The Big History Project 1454993_556417917764593_1550724014_n

gerardM