Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Devices to help you in your daily routine

4 participants

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3

Devices to help you in your daily routine - Page 3 Empty Re: Devices to help you in your daily routine

Message  gerardM Mar 7 Jan - 11:50

Hi everyone,

Nothing like 2014 CES to keep a look on "Devices to help you in your daily routine".

An interesting article:
[CES 2014] Le français Netatmo à nouveau primé pour son nouvel objet connecté, June
Netatmo, une startup créé par Fred Potter il y a deux ans, vient à nouveau de décrocher un titre au Consumer Electronics Show de Las Vegas (CES). L’occasion de démarrer le lancement de JUNE, un nouvel objet qui mesure l’exposition au soleil et conseille les femmes pour mieux se protéger des effets du soleil au quotidien.
Sorry, it's in French. Smile

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Devices to help you in your daily routine - Page 3 Empty Re: Devices to help you in your daily routine

Message  gerardM Mar 7 Jan - 20:47

Hi everyone,

Not a single day without an announcement.
I didn't dare say "every minute" but there're lots of announcements per day.
These announcements are very important and can hide a whole huge industry for tomorrow, while other announcements will be forgotten in about 6 months (when studies reveal too many expensive issues).

Every company which want to count in the industry is there as 2014 CES in Las Vegas is THE PLACE TO BE.
Don't miss any announcement! Follow them on the Internet!
(if you are a Professional, follow every hour; if you're not a pro but interested in new technologies or simply the future of our world, follow once a day).

This is an example of a news site that will help you follow, but there're lots of others.
-> c|net special 2014 CES

Enjoy this world.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Jan - 0:17

Hi everyone,

The big 2014 CES Fair is over.
Many announcements. As I wrote, it is the fair #1 and every company that want to count in the future of the working world had to be there and to "show off".
French companies were very present with very good projects.

- TV
Flop of 3D TV. 4K TV is launched (Ultra High Definition TV)... floppy screens... Oled... Samsung & LG
My opinion: so many flops in the past regarding TV; manufacturers want to impose their technologies and get money after their investissements (not a good reason) - mind!
- Sport
Sensors everywhere
- watches
Smartwatch by Sony, Galaxy Gear by Samsung
- 3D Printing
Very promising tech.
- Health
Sensors everywhere: it's really crazy!

Let's see what will remain in 6 months.
It's a period where many manufacturers try to impose their techno et establish a standard.

I'm very excited by such period.
Connected objects = Many today's technologies will transform our societies.
I won't put my money yet neither in products nor in companies (but very soon for startup companies).

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 14 Jan - 9:58

Hi Gérard, everyone
I also watched television about connected kitchen like ovens that can download and follow recipes, fridges which let us know which products are missing. All this seems wonderful. Anyway are they as reliable as ordinary devices ?  The problem is that I am a bit scared of the technology breakdown and also my inability to use them. I 'd rather a washing machine which works than a connected one which doesn't.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Jan - 12:40

Hi Muriel, everyone,

Thanks for your answer but I'm a bit worried.
What you are speaking about is not exactly what I was thinking of.
I'm not surprised TV speaks about flashy objects or projects.
As a professional, I don't rely on TV but rather read professional articles on Internet.
Connected kitchen will bring progress but "wearware" (smartwatch, smartglass...) is far more promising: ID, what people expect in a meeting (speeddating Wink), who and what the guys around you in a meeting are, needed information displayed on your specs, instant blood pressure, instant pulse, medecine management, etc, way easier life.

Appliances should be reliable but manufacturers design products with limited durations: they will be out of order after the announced warranty.
It's named "programmed obsolescence", were you thinking of this feature?
Now, there are people (often passionate retirees) who are keen on repairing such appliances and get them to work for decades.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Jan - 15:18

Devices to help you in your daily routine - Page 3 Temp762

( http://ces.cnet.com/8301-35304_1-57616909/wearables-with-augmented-reality-are-mind-blowing-and-an-ethical-nightmare/ )

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 14 Jan - 16:06

Hi Gérard
don't worry. I am like the man in the  street. As I know nothing about connected objects I need to speak about my worries and fears. After I have expressed them I feel much better. I need time to get used to that new world. I am sure, I will be very happy to have my daily life easier  Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Jan - 16:56

Muriel,

Did you have the case I named "Programmed obsolescence": a breakdown a few days after the end of the guarantee?

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Jan - 22:52

If you want to get an idea of the products, the TechDays are programmed for February 11-12-13, 2014 at the Palais des Congrès in Paris.
Registration -> https://techdays.microsoft.fr/techdays2014/Votre-inscription.aspx
Sessions -> http://www.microsoft.com/france/mstechdays/programmes/2014/recherche-sessions.aspx?1#
Plenary sessions -> http://www.microsoft.com/france/mstechdays/programmes/2014/recherche-sessions.aspx?1#d=014acd8a-41c8-4333-8f2d-b0ac9d1ed568&Page=1&
* Votre futur est dans le code 
Mardi 11 février : 9h15-10h30 Niveau : Intermédiaire (200)
Dans cette plénière, pour la première journée des TechDays, le développeur sera au coeur de cette session. Du développement de jeux sur tablette et téléphone, au développement d'applications grand pub...
* Les temps changent, votre SI aussi !
Mercredi 12 février : 9h15-10h30 Niveau : Intermédiaire (200)
Dans cette plénière, vous découvrirez les nouvelles expériences de travail pour les utilisateurs de vos systèmes d'informations ainsi que les évolutions possibles de vos infrastructures Nous vous pré...
« Objets connectés, avez-vous donc une âme ?
Jeudi 13 février : 9h15-10h30 Niveau : Intermédiaire (200)
« Objets connectés, avez-vous donc une âme ? », Lamartine, égaré dans notre 21ème siècle n'aurait-il pas pu écrire ce vers ? Car après l'explosion des réseaux sociaux qui ont bouleversé les relations...

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 14 Jan - 23:07

Gérard I see that you are very enthusiastic. The world has changed with social networks and it will  be different with the connected objects. We need time to realize how it will become.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Jan - 23:50

Muriel,

Social networks and Connected objects changed independently.

gerardM

Message  Remy Mer 15 Jan - 7:04

Hi everyone,

young people are very easy with new tech. To get to know more easily new tech, communication between humans, between young and "old" people, could be a good way to learn. On one side, knowledge of life and world organization, on the other side (young) knowledge of new tech and energy...To live better, we must live together

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  Remy Mer 15 Jan - 7:05

Remy a écrit:Hi everyone,

young people are very easy with new tech. To get to know more easily new tech, communication between humans, between young and "less young" people, could be a good way to learn. On one side, knowledge of life and world organization, on the other side (young) knowledge of new tech and energy...To live better, we must live together
... Smile

Remy

Message  gerardM Mer 15 Jan - 11:09

Remy a écrit:
Remy a écrit:Hi everyone,

young people are very easy with new tech. To get to know more easily new tech, communication between humans, between young and "less young" people, could be a good way to learn. On one side, knowledge of life and world organization, on the other side (young) knowledge of new tech and energy...To live better, we must live together
... Smile
LOL

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 15 Jan - 11:33

Hi Gérard, Remy
I understand perfectly Remy's view point. As people  grow older it is difficult for them to cope with society technical changes : (High tech) . It is obvious that a marked generation gap exists in certain fields. Anyway It is nice when young people don't look down upon them and think they are incompetent. The older generation, with all their experience has so much to teach the younger one and cultural heritage relies strongly on the dialogue between the generations.
Gerard, please go on posting on "connected objects"and "modern devices" . You are so enthusiast about them and we don't want to be
"diconnected"too soon.  Wink

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 15 Jan - 15:05

Hi Muriel, Remy, everyone,

I don't have much time for now and will write more later.

For now, I just want to say that...
Outcomes were published a few days ago and repeated by TV news but I cannot find them. Anyway!
According to outcomes from INSEE for 2011 (see Sécurité Sociale), a 60-year-old French woman has 27.5 years of life expectancy; a 60-year-old French man has 22.5 years of life expectancy.
The figures recently published (a few days ago) are still better and place France, for life expectancy at the age of 60, as the country #1 in the world.

A simple question: how does a person of 60 will live these 25 (medium figure of the 2011 study) years? Is it conceivable to live a quarter of one's life apart from the society??
~~ edit A simple question: how will a person of 60 live these 25 (medium figure of the 2011 study) years?? Is it inconceivable to live a quarter of one's life apart from the society!!
No way to say: "too late for me!".
It is absolutely necessay to catch up and keep up, whatever the way!!

Dernière édition par gerardM le Mer 15 Jan - 19:39, édité 1 fois (Raison : Pidgin English!!)

gerardM

Message  Remy Mer 15 Jan - 15:22

I think there will be a big market about how to use new technologies in some years...
When your car has a breakdown, you go to the garage mechanic. Everyone has its own skills. It's a basic principle of economics.  You loose time  - and money -when you try to repare yourself something you don't know...instead of working in the field of your skills.

Anyway, for current use of appliances, you don't need anybody...except sometimes if you are old...or literary...or a woman ( Fortunately, men are ready to help them).  Smile 

Remy

Message  gerardM Mer 15 Jan - 19:44

Hi Remy, everyone,
Remy a écrit:I think there will be a big market about how to use new technologies in some years...
Agreed.

> I don't have much time for now and will write more later.
Still too early to write more as announced but I could find enough time to be horrified by the pidgin in my words (previous posting): in addition to a big mistake, I fixed a sentence that said the opposite of what I had in mind.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 15 Jan - 23:51

Hi Muriel, Remy, everyone,

Here is a 157-page PDF which is a document (in French language) published by the French Government in 2011.

-> Le fossé numérique en France - Centre d'Analyse Stratégique

The link was given to me by Gof, a specialist of my friends, then reminded me by Herser, another specialist, who told me the heart of this detailed report was between pages 25-119:
c'est plus l'usage qu'on sait en faire que l'accès qui agrandit le "fossé" entre ceux qui maîtrisent et ceux qui peinent.

Good reading!

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 16 Jan - 22:56

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

An article on the subject; Pourquoi Google se lance dans la maison connectée

As you guess, Google knows how to lead its projects. Read.

gerardM

Message  JeanPierreD Lun 9 Juin - 11:12

I was more enthusiastic in the past with such tech devices, anyway it's an never ending run, and it doesn't change life in its core I think but perhaps it does and we are not aware yet !
On second thought yes it can change the routine life of disabled people for example because these devices will be able to compensate a little ...
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Message  MurielB Lun 9 Juin - 15:10

Hi Jean-Pierre, Gérard, Remy
I personally think  that it is impossible to fully realize how useful the connected home for us will be. In the 90ties we couldn't'  guess what our present life with internet, Face book,  smartphone or the forum will be. In my view point it is very important not to be disconnected to the changes and trust life.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 9 Juin - 17:22

Hi Jean-Pierre, Muriel, everyone,

Connected objects may appear somewhat useless nowadays.

It's because they need a bit of organization behind...
In the past, phones, trains, etc. appeared as useless too.

I'm not a futurologist but even a connected fridge leading to delivery of goods would be a plus for busy parents provided they can get the brand, the quantity, the price fitting their needs without invasive commercial ads.

Similarly medical connected devices might be useful to seniors or sportsmen to help them reach their aims (better health, better training°.

Of course a device with a GPS is good for car safety... the same for child safety when they go back home from school (I read parents get devices  to be inserted under the skin of their children).

gerardM

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3