Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

chinese New year

2 participants

chinese New year Empty chinese New year

Message  MurielB Dim 10 Fév - 15:02

The Chinese New Year 2013 is upon us and the big day is February 10. According to Chinese legend, Buddha invited all of the animals to a New Year’s party and twelve showed up for the event. As a result, Buddha named a year after each one. This New Year – Chinese year 4711 – is the year of the Black Water Snake. The Black Water Snake represents major transformation and change.

Prior Snake years have brought us such infamous moments as Pearl Harbor (1941), the September 11 attack (2001), the Great Depression (1929), the Russian Revolution (1917) as well as the recessions of 1953 and 2001. People born in snake years are famous for being generous and smart. Some of the most famous people born in the year of the snake are known by just one name: Oprah, Dylan, Garbo and Brad (you know … Pitt).

Chinese Zodiac snakes are always female or yin. Yin energies are calmer, especially when contrasted with the male or yang energy of 2012, which was characterized by man-ic edginess. Snake years are seen as times of transformation, as change is expected in a manner similar to the way in which a snake sheds its skin.
Are you superstitious ? Do you think that the system of stars and planets have a real influence on our lives ?

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

chinese New year Empty Re: chinese New year

Message  gerardM Dim 10 Fév - 17:17

Hi Muriel,

> major transformation and change
Wow I may become younger.

No I don't like to recognize I could be supersticious but I would prefer better news! Couldn't you re-write your text? Or couldn't we go back to the sixties?
Years ago when I watched economic graphs, I could see a very low part of cycles in the prtesent period but I also saw a rocketing phase ahead.

Every cloud has its silver lining Smile right? Didn't you say so?

Let's go for the snake year.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas