Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Tommy Cooper Fans

3 participants

Tommy Cooper Fans Empty Tommy Cooper Fans

Message  PeterM Lun 1 Fév - 18:17

I'm not sure about being 'pre war' for Tommy Cooper, i worked with him in 1979 and 1980, a few years before he died. I don't know the other name at all that came up in the forum, 'garcihal'?; maybe that one is pre war,like most of my old material;when 'variety' died,my act was held for questioning !!! Anyway Muriel, i would love to see you in a fez,not like that,just like that !!!
I'll explain more next time i see you in Boulogne,and maybe do the 'voice' for you. But if the voice is a bit rough,you must try to FORCE some brandy between my lips !!! (thats for all the Jimmy Edwards fans).
I was in a restaurant last night,and i said to the waiter, "there is a fly in my soup !", he said "don't worry sir,the spider on the bread roll will get it" !;
Cheers for now, Peter xxx
PeterM
PeterM

Lieu : Boulogne
Langues : Irlandais, Gb (Langue maternelle), Fr

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Tommy Cooper Fans Empty A bottle of brandy

Message  MurielB Mar 2 Fév - 8:34

On wednesday the tenth I will bring with me a bottle of brandy for I'd love to hear your voice. Very Happy
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Tommy Cooper Fans Empty Some sentences written by Tommy Cooper

Message  AgnesG Jeu 4 Fév - 11:10

I'm sure Peter will appreciate these extracts : Twisted Evil

A blind bloke walks into a shop with a guide dog. He picks the Dog up and starts swinging it around his head. Alarmed, a shop assistant calls out: 'Can I help, sir?' 'No thanks,' says the blind bloke. 'Just looking.'
Tommy Cooper

A woman tells her doctor, 'I've got a bad back.' The doctor says, 'It's old age.' The woman says, 'I want a second opinion.' The doctor says: 'Okay - you're ugly as well.'
Tommy Cooper

I used to be indecisive but now I am not quite sure.
Tommy Cooper

I went into a French restaurant and asked the waiter, 'Have you got frog's legs?' He said, 'Yes,' so I said, 'Well hop into the kitchen and get me a cheese sandwich.'
Tommy Cooper

I went window shopping today! I bought four windows.
Tommy Cooper

Last night I dreamt I ate a ten pound marshmallow. When I woke up the pillow was gone.
Tommy Cooper

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.
Tommy Cooper

So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'
Tommy Cooper

So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my house.' He said 'I'm not stopping you.'
Tommy Cooper

So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me "Can you give me a lift?" I said "Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it."
Tommy Cooper

Well, my wife and I were married in a toilet - it was a marriage of convenience!
Tommy Cooper

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.'
Tommy Cooper
AgnesG
AgnesG

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Tommy Cooper Fans Empty Tommy Cooper

Message  MurielB Jeu 4 Fév - 17:55

Very Happy I understand much better that sense of humour
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Tommy Cooper Fans Empty The bathtub test

Message  MurielB Sam 6 Fév - 21:35

During a visit to the mental asylum, I asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

Rolling Eyes "Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

I really wonder what would answer Tommy Cooper if he was asked about the bathtub test ? Rolling Eyes
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Tommy Cooper Fans Empty Tommy Cooper gone but not forgotten

Message  PeterM Jeu 11 Fév - 13:25

Agnes has come up with a whole list of what we call 'Cooperisms'; all of them are in his style,and having worked with him, i know a lot of them were in his act,but one has to be careful,because Cooper was attributed with many lines that were in his style,but were not by him at all; people find that in telling a story or joke,and more so if you can do 'the voice',that it will carry more weight and therfore be funnier,if it comes from somebody like Tommy Cooper,rather than,' i heard this story in a pub';
One story i know myselfis the one of Tommy Cooper wants to go to France,so he goes to the station to ask about the trains,and the man at the desk says to Cooper 'Eurostar?', to which Tommy Cooper was supposed to have replied ' that's very kind of you, i've been on t.v. a few times and theatre............'
In fact this could never have happend because the Eurotunnel only opened a number of years after Tommys death at the age of 62.
I liked the joke from Muriel,and i'm sure that Tommy would have been delighted to hear it,and he would have had a good laugh;
Sorry its been a few days getting a reply on line to all this,but last night i had a dream that i was a cannon,
so this morning i shot out of bed.................
In fact i was in hospital last week,so i am still catching up with all sorts of things,hope to see you all again soon
Peter Boulogne sur mer.
P.S. "i said to the doctor,i've broken my arm in 4 places, he said, don't go to those places !!!! "
PeterM
PeterM

Langues : Irlandais, Gb (Langue maternelle), Fr

Tommy Cooper Fans Empty a good diet

Message  MurielB Ven 12 Fév - 9:39

Can't eat pork, swine flue, can't eat chicken, bird flue, can't eat eggs salmonella, can't eat beef mad cow desease Can't eat fruits and veggies, insecticides and herbicidest Can't eat fish, heavy metal poisons in their waters
Hummmmmm
I believe that leaves Chocolate and ice cream!!!!!!!!
Remember - - - 'STRESSED'
spelled backwards! is
'DESSERTS' I am a very good doctor Very Happy
On wednesday it was nice but we missed Peter Crying or Very sad
MurielB
Admin

Café: Calais
Langues: Français, Gb, De, It, Es
MurielB
MurielB
Admin