Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Halloween forecast: More horror and Disney, less politics

2 participants

Halloween forecast: More horror and Disney, less politics Empty Halloween forecast: More horror and Disney, less politics

Message  MurielB Ven 16 Oct - 13:37

Political costumes will wait until next year, said chief merchant Bob Humphrey.

"Halloween is about horror, transformation, escapism, fantasy," Humphrey said. And when Halloween falls on a Saturday, as it does this year, consumer buying tends to be "horror-driven."
http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/halloween-forecast-more-horror-disney-less-politics-b99564979z1-323168451.html
when my daughter was in NewYork, she enjoyed Halloween day very much and she was not the only one. Every one else was in the streets dressed up as vampires, witches, ghosts or werewolves. She had such a great time that I decided to organize a Halloween party for Calais café polyglot. Hard luck ! Many people categorically refused to come. Why ? Are we so different from the Americans ? scratch
I am sure that if French people could dress up as politicians they would enjoyed celebrating that day

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Halloween forecast: More horror and Disney, less politics Empty Re: Halloween forecast: More horror and Disney, less politics

Message  gerardM Ven 16 Oct - 16:18

Hi Muriel,

Several points about Halloween:

- I was toild it was coming from south America (or Mexico), is it true?

- the French, who like to show off, say it's coming from Brittany

- Americans tend to celebrate less and differently maybe since someone thouhjt it funny to prepare lollies full of marijuana.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Halloween forecast: More horror and Disney, less politics Empty Re: Halloween forecast: More horror and Disney, less politics

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Oct - 22:48

What about 2016 Halloween tendancy ?The best Halloween costumes are inspired by the year’s most memorable moments and I do Wonder what are these  moments for this year ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 9 Oct - 23:38

MurielB a écrit:What about 2016 Halloween tendancy ?The best Halloween costumes are inspired by the year’s most memorable moments and I do Wonder what are these  moments for this year ?
... definitely Donald Trump to frighten the kids!

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Lun 10 Oct - 15:45

Of course, Gérard, the fictional characters are less scary !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin