Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Scottish schools focus on more than just tests by D.D.Guttenplan in the New York Times

2 participants

Scottish schools focus on more than just tests by D.D.Guttenplan in the New York Times Empty Scottish schools focus on more than just tests by D.D.Guttenplan in the New York Times

Message  MurielB Lun 9 Sep - 22:04

Let's start with the article about education http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/world/europe/scottish-schools-focus-on-more-than-just-tests.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Education in Scotland has long been different from the rest of Britain
As you might know Scottish schools are different from the English ones. The curriculum for excellence was introduced in 2005. This one placed more emphasis on debate and discussion rather than memorization, encouraged students to make connexions between subjects, abolished the exams for 16 years old (There are different kinds of intelligence and the smart ones are not the only ones who succeed), preferred a greater breath of knowledge than specialization.
All that makes us think about education in general.
Question
According to you, what is the best way to teach ? could you describe the perfect school, the perfect teachers and start a discussion about it ?.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Dim 22 Sep - 20:59, édité 11 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Scottish schools focus on more than just tests by D.D.Guttenplan in the New York Times Empty Scottish schools focus on more than just tests.( by D.D.Guttenplan in the New York Times page 12)

Message  gerardM Lun 9 Sep - 22:58

Hi Muriel,

Thank you for your article and your question.

Your question is bloody difficult ;)people have been wondering for centuries how to teach and you ask us to respond in a few words... What a Face 

First of all, teaching has to be adapted to every single student (which is not exactly the case in our country).

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Scottish schools focus on more than just tests by D.D.Guttenplan in the New York Times Empty Répondre en citantEditer/Supprimer ce messageSupprimer ce messageVoir l'adresse IP du posteur Scottish schools focus on more than just tests.( by D.D.Guttenplan in the New York Times

Message  MurielB Lun 9 Sep - 23:06

Ok Gérard ! Let's say that school should adapt itself to each student and not the other way round which is rather complicated What a Face
Of course any other suggestion is welcome.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois